When I was younger I was so interested in keeping a diary. I thought I would be famous some day for it - people would publish my words and be enthralled with my day-to-day life! And just in case I had ever forgotten what I did on that July afternoon in 1994 with my babysitter, I would be able to look back and remember! Surprisingly enough, that has never happened. At least, not yet.
So why start blogging now?
This may shock you... but my life is slightly more interesting now than it was 15 years ago. I'm a recent college graduate, I (actually have and) love my job, and I am in my twenties. May I also add that I am a Special Events Coordinator for a non-profit organization based in Raleigh, NC. I've been an SEC for a year now (go me!) but that first year was all about learning. This next year is all about sharing my knowledge and truly embracing the journey. There are a lot of ups and downs in the world of Special Events. There were days I wanted to crawl under my desk. There were also days I wanted to sprint to the top of a mountain and thank the good Lord for guiding me to this place in life. I can honestly say, I love what I do. But that doesn't mean it is boring :)
My first year was extremely successful and I am very happy to have gone through it all to have made such a huge difference. Now it is time to open book 2 of the series and begin the planning process all over again. Therefore, I extend an invitation to you to follow me on this journey - through the good and the bad, the laughter and heartache, the vision and the reality. For those of you who don't know me, I invite you to learn more about me. For those of you who do know me, enjoy this piece of the humble pie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment