In my most humble opinion, the location search for a fundraising event is by far the most difficult piece of this year-long puzzle. Our event is a 2 mile Walk on a Saturday morning in April every year. We host 7 across the state but I'm only focused on 1 (thank goodness).
So, what am I looking for? Well first, I start with the previous year's Walk location. How was it? Did everyone else like it? Much to my dismay, I received a lot of negative feedback about the 2012 Walk Site. It was at Independence Park in uptown Charlotte which was beautiful and provided our cause with some great Awareness! However, parking was a little tricky, logistics had to be very strategic, and the grass wasn't mowed! How dare they!?
With all that being said, I think it was time for yet another location change in the area. Changing locations in a big city is good because it doesn't become the "Ballantyne Walk" but rather we open up our services and awareness to many different areas of the city in hopes that one day we've had a chance to cover them all.
With all of the feed back from 2012 I had a better idea of what to look for: Parking, Easy Walk Path, Wide Open Spaces, Greenery, and something slightly off the beaten path so that another event does not literally RUN through your Walk site (yes that happened...)
No comments:
Post a Comment