Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Announcement

After wrapping things up with my beloved volunteer committee last night and giving them the news, I can make it public.  So here it goes.

I'm moving! Yes, that's right - ME... the one who was terrified of moving to Raleigh, NC from home because of facing something new. ((Shout out to M.A.D. for pushing me out of my comfort zone my sophomore year and encouraging me to embrace the new and exciting - I will always owe you for teaching me one of life's biggest lessons.)) 

I coordinated a huge fundraising event in Charlotte, NC for 2012 and since my organization feels that we now have the right tools to succeed, they want to send me to the area to live, work, and fund-raise.  The sad part is that I will be leaving my 'home' of 6 years. I have had really great memories and made some life-long relationships. I will always run with the Wolfpack and appreciate the 6 years of growth I have made in Raleigh.  This city was not always good to me, but it taught me a lot about family, friends, and the non-existent line between the two.  It also helped me to dream big and take opportunities as they come which is why I chose to accept a position in Charlotte.  

I am so excited for this next step. I am not ending this novel to start the next, I am merely turning the page and starting a new chapter.  Moving is scary and fun so I will keep you updated on all of the hiccups along the way. But first thing's first... Finding a place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment